Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon because thats what all the cool kids are doing

Continuation of my bachelors night post, 5 pounds belly, cured in salt, pepper, brown sugar and garlic (no pink salt used Morton's tenderquick using a recipe found on playingwithsmokeandfire.com). Divided in half cured for 6 days. Pulled from bags rinsed and soaked in clean water for an hour. Changed water at 30 mins. Let sit for 8 hours then smoke with heavy apple chips at 190 dome for about 3 hours until 140 internal. Let chill overnight, sliced thick and divided into 1 pound packs to store. Have just under $3 a pound in it and it is the best I have ever had. Probably will never buy store bought bacon again, too easy ad tasty! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Letting the smoke clear up Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Frying the first slices for breakfast! Delicious! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,334
    Awesome!! Eager to try this!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    looks great , only did one so far but i agree better than any store brought and easy to do 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.