Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket help- is my fire out?

bookswbooksw Posts: 209
I am in the middle of my brisket cook and I am so tempted to open the dome that I thought I would post this for advice instead to keep me away from the temptation...  I filled the firebox overfull last night with 90% new lump after making sure all the holes were clear.  My temp has not gotten past 240 (dome) since 10 PM.  At 6 AM I was at 220 with the daisy wheel 1/2 open and the bottom vent at 1/4 inch.  At 7 AM I was down to 180 so I opened the daisy wheel all the way. At 7:40 I was still at 180 so I opened the bottom vent all the way.  Now it's 8:20 and I am still at 180 (maybe a hair below).  The meat has been at 162 the whole time...

Should I open it, take the whole thing apart, and add more lump...? I have never had to do that before for an overnight cook but then again my gasket is pretty well fried and I noticed last night that there was smoke leaking out one side through the gasket...

Thanks!!
Charleston, SC

Comments