Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork butt help...

Just realized I bought bonless shoulders by mistake... Will this decrease cook time? Anyone have suggestions on if I need to do anything differently? Also was planning on a quasi- turbo. Also trying out the new cyberQ today... Hope this makes sleep easier next time I do an overnight.
Greensboro, NC

Comments

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Same way, no difference. Cook to 205 or so.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    IrishDevl said:
    Same way, no difference. Cook to 205 or so.
    +1 and the cyberq will make sleep easy . i have one and love it holds temp perfectly on both my eggs and the LBGE has no gasket to speak of and still holds the temp perfectly 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 234
    I have teenagers to stay up during my cooks so I haven't invested in a cyber q yet- but I know it is in my future...  This weekend we have cousin teenagers staying with us so there was bonding last night watching over my brisket while I slept- I love that (the bonding and the sleep) :)
    Charleston, SC
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,623
    I've only done bone out a few times, but it seems slower than bone in. No important difference, tho'.

Altho' I don't like the results of a turbo cook as much as the usual low temp, no foil method, I had a 6+ pounder finish in just 7.5 hours. I don't have a problem getting up at night to check, but the result was good enough that it made me seriously consider not planning any more overnight cooks.

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,483
    Turned out great- best ones to date. Love the temp controller. Thanks for help guys
    Greensboro, NC