Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

T-Day Burds

Did (2) chickens and a turkey breast. Both were cooked indirect at about 325 for close to 2 hrs with 3 Cherry wood chunks (Probably could have done 4 but the smoke taste was just enough). The turkey breast was 162 when I pulled it off. I brined the chickens overnight in a simple recipe of sugar and kosher salt. This made all the difference in the world with the taste of the chickens. Birds were seasoned with a light coat of EVOO and Dizzy Pig Raging River (this stuff is phenomenal). I added apples and onions to the cavity of the turkey and cooked it on a V-rack turning it about halfway through the cook. I have a large family of Cajun and Italian cooks and they were picking when I was trying to carve the birds so I guess this was a winner. We also had all the normal fixins; dirty rice, corn pudding, rolls, cornbread dressing, Makers Mark, Weller, Crown. Should have taken more pics but things were nuts. Hope you all had a good one.

·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    Those look great. Thanks for posting. I haven't tried Raging River on whole chickens...yet.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,249
    Looks great!  Raging River is my favorite DP rub by a long way...love it on ribs, chicken and fish. My next fav is Red Eye Express.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·