Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cherry wood table (lots of pics)

brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
edited November 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Here's some pics of the table my dad and I have been building all week while I'm visiting for thanksgiving. Not totally finished yet, but I'll be putting the polyurethane on tomorrow. It's been a great project for us to spend some time together and just give him something to do since he's retired now.

We're by no means master craftsmen, but I'm pleased with the results. I'll try to get a final pic tomorrow.

** Btw, We took this from whole tree to final product - we cut this lumber about 15 years ago with our wood mizer sawmill we used to own. Kinda neat seeing it go from tree to final form.

Auburn, AL
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 787.2K
image.jpg 726.1K
image.jpg 672.7K
image.jpg 625.4K
image.jpg 817.6K
image.jpg 734.9K
image.jpg 748K
image.jpg 712.4K
·

Comments

• Gorgeous! Thanks for posting that. Great thing about cherry is that it just keeps getting better with age.
    ·
  • Beautiful.
    ·
  • Beautiful table. Cherry is one of my favorite woods to work with. If I may, you may not want to use poly for an outdoor table. The sun will crack it and cause it to delaminate. You'd be better off using a spar varnish.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Beautiful! Very cool that you are getting to spend some QT with your Dad.
    ·
  • brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
    edited November 2012
    Yes, spar vanish is what I bought...

The great thing about this table is, minus some new tools (toys!), I think I have a total of about $20 in it. Really helps when you have some free wood!

Auburn, AL
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    And being made of cherry, if you run out of chunks you can always chop off a leg. Just kidding - beautiful table and great multi generational project. Well done.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    There could be a problem because you won't know if it's the Egg smokin' or your table smokin'. J.K. Nice!
    ·
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    well done, beautiful

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Nice looking table!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·