Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Turkey

I know there are LOTS of turkey pictures from yesterday, but here is the final result. It came out just right, about 10 to 11 min per lb at 350, un-stuffed.
LBGE
PB220554.JPG 393.6K
·

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Nice looking bird. How big was it?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • 14 lbs.
    LBGE
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 962
    Great looking bird! I'd love a couple slices.

Funny how things work out, my first bird on the Egg was also a 14 pounder and took nearly 16 minutes per pound at 350. If anything I would have expected faster because mine was brined.

Hey I gotta ask did your skin come crispy at 350? Mine wasn't particularly crispy which was a bit of a surprise. It was a bit crispier than birds I've done at 225, but not a whole lot more.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Jim, it was pretty crispy when I took it out. But I had to leave it sit for about an hour under foil, so it did not stay crispy. Basting is supposed to help make a crispy skin, you might try that. I did baste it once with pan drippings, mostly pure fat.

My dear wife was worried about it being done on time. It was done almost to the minute I predicted. But the inside the oven stuff was late due to a last minute change in plans and a run to the store for ingredients............
    LBGE
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 848
    Beautiful bird. Congratulations.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Very nice looking.  Can never get enough good looking turkey pics  
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,405
    Bravo!  Beautiful bird! 
    ·