Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Question about LBGE setup for MadMax Turkey

The ceramic feet mentioned in the MadMax setup are no longer supplied with BGE's.  What are some other ways that I can elevate the roasting pan slightly off of the plate setter so that the drippings don't scorch?
·

Comments

• Copper tubing or cooper Ts from local hardware store......

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    Wide mouth canning jar lids.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    edited November 2012
    roll aluminum foil into small balls
    get some pebbles from the yard
    ceramic pot holders from hardware stores
    call Max :)
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,471
    Drink as many aluminum canned beers as you need spacers then smash the empty cans-could be a win-win!
    Louisville
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 362
    Stainless steel nuts or empty tuna cans

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • Sandi_kSandi_k Posts: 34
    edited November 2012
    We paid for the BBQ store to set up our XL BGE when we bought it (too heavy for us!). They delivered and set it up in the nest, and we had no feet either.

I called the store, told them I wanted them, and they were happy to hand over some they had in the back of the store. For free.  So ask your store! They come in handy for raising baking pans up off the plate setter.
    ·
  • Mine didn't come with feet either, so I asked (very nicely) my local vendor if I could get some--he went in the back and got me a box.  :)
    ·
  • I just kept a watchful eye on it and  kept water in a pan on the plate setter.  
    ·
  • The XL never came with feet

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • becarse my turkey is so big...I need to put in on the turkey holder and put it in a pyrox dish on the plate setter with  the feet up...and even at that it almost touches the opening on the top...do you think I will be ok.??  or shold I lay the turkey down sideways in the dish..../??  any suggestions  john
    ·
  • I would leave it in the holder.  I put my beer can turkey holder in a pyrex and the pyrex broke into lots of little pieces.  Will clean up after.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 615
    I went to the dollar store and bought a cheap bakers cooling rack. Works like a charm.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    I used a Wally world rasting pan, the bird fit just right, but then he was perched on a BGE rib rack V. Got done splendidly :)>-  at about 2.75 hours with a very steady Q temp of 335F. Just finished the gravy as well.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • I used baking cooling racks today and it did a great job. It is more stable than using BGE feet..
    ·