Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT-UDS (ugly drum smoker)

Im making a UDS as an xmas gift for a friend and I wanted to add the control of a daisy wheel to the top vent just like an egg. If anyone has mulitple eggs can you please let me know the inside opening demensions of the small and mini daisy wheels so i can order accordingly

thanks for the help

Marina Del Rey CA 
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,890
    Just to clarify- are you only going to order the top of the daisy wheel, not the actual cast iron "cap"? On the small, the top sliding circle is right at 3 1/4 inches.  It looks like the hole that it covers is about 2 3/4 inches. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    If it is going to have a stack why not use the cap. I see them on cl all the time.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 528
    just the iron cap it will have a stack
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Is this the measurement you're looking for?

Small - mine measures about 2 5/8" in diameter

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Mini - mine measures about 2 3/16" in diameter

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·

almost R2 ....flip it over ....bottom side inside edge to inside edge

Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    edited November 2012
    Ok, inside edge to edge here are the measurements on my DMFTs. Since the DMFT tapers slightly I'm giving you both widest & narrowest points.
    Small
    -widest point = 4 3/8"
    -narrowest point (closest to daisy end) = 4"

Mini
    -widest point = 3 7/16"
    -narrowest point (closest to daisy end) = 3 1/8"

One thing to point out about the Mini DMFT (at least mine does) is it has these little 4 ridges or "fins" on the inside and I measured distances between them:
    Good luck with your UDS project. Yours is sounding pretty fancy compared to mine (I just used an old Weber kettle lid I got on CL) and I leave the spinner wide open & control airflow through a combination of 2 pipe nipples & a ball valve at the base.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    Thanks R2 looks like this might work....I will post some pics once im finished
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·