Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The bird...

is on the Egg! There really is a bird under that bacon! Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
HOTTY TODDY!
·

Comments

• MMM Bacon,  what a great idea!! It's too late for the bird, but I also have a breast for Saturday so that will be tried for sure.  Take a pic once cooked.  
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    How long do you expect it to cook for?
    ·
  • It's been on for 2 hours @ 325, bird is at 105 deg now.... I'm guessing another hour and a half.
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
    When do you eat?
    ·
  • Around noon.....doesn't have to be piping hot in my opinion... As long as its tasty and juicy!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
  • I hope you're right about not having to be hot.  We're eating at 2:00 and my bird is about 30 minutes from ready.  Will a 3-3 1/2 hour rest be ok??
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • Unwrapped the bird, snacking on the bacon now.... Bird at 148 deg.. Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
    Looks good.
    ·
    Were you able to try it?  Did the bacon change the flavor of the turkey?
    ·
    Mine is on, all baconed up and hoping the bacon doesn't do too much.
    ·
  • Wow O Wow! Best Turkey I've ever made!!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·