Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The bird...

is on the Egg! There really is a bird under that bacon! Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
HOTTY TODDY!
·

Comments

• MMM Bacon,  what a great idea!! It's too late for the bird, but I also have a breast for Saturday so that will be tried for sure.  Take a pic once cooked.  
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    How long do you expect it to cook for?
    ·
  • It's been on for 2 hours @ 325, bird is at 105 deg now.... I'm guessing another hour and a half.
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
    When do you eat?
    ·
  • Around noon.....doesn't have to be piping hot in my opinion... As long as its tasty and juicy!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
  • I hope you're right about not having to be hot.  We're eating at 2:00 and my bird is about 30 minutes from ready.  Will a 3-3 1/2 hour rest be ok??
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • Unwrapped the bird, snacking on the bacon now.... Bird at 148 deg.. Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
    Looks good.
    ·
    Were you able to try it?  Did the bacon change the flavor of the turkey?
    ·
    Mine is on, all baconed up and hoping the bacon doesn't do too much.
    ·
  • Wow O Wow! Best Turkey I've ever made!!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·