Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spatched chicken

Options
jjmills
jjmills Posts: 117
All the good thing I have read on this forum I had to try it myself. Haven't eaten it yet. Waiting for the wife to get home but looks good.
 LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Spatchcocked chicken is very good
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    Options
    This is the pic I tried to upload last night but was boarder line throwing my phone in the egg.  It was wonderful.  My 3 older daughters and wife all went to town.  Will be doing this again and soon.  Happy Thanks giving to all of you.
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Great looking bird - thanks for sharing....

Skin has nice color. Don't know if you used this or not, but a light dusting with corn starch, and a misting of oil will crisp up the skin when using an indirect cook. Lately, after rubbing under the skin, I've taken to mixing corn starch 1:1 with my rub. Dust the bird and then a fine mist of oil if the starch/rub is still dry. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Looks really good. This is our favorite way to cook a whole chicken. Always excellent. I'm going to try the cornstarch trick next time.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA