Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Problem with the pig...

I am cooking 28 lbs of Boston butt for Thanksgiving dinner....put 4 butts on the egg at 6:00 last night. At 7:00 am they are sitting around 165-170. We are taking BBQ on a three hour drive for lunch at 12:00 noon. I need to pull these things shortly in order to make it for lunch. If I wrapped them in foil and put them in a cooler...how much ( if any will they continue to cook. If they don't reach 195... Are they going to be done...but just not broken down as they should be. Already in trouble with the wife at 7:00 on Thanksgiving!
·

Comments

• If they are 170 they are done as far as safe to eat, they just won't "pull " very well. As for continuing to cook, they will some but I doubt they will reach 195.You might wrap in foil and bump your heat up for as long as you can prior to the cooler , may help a little !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • If you have access, you could finish them in the oven when you arrive.
    ·