Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Coupla Simple Ribeye Steaks...(pix)

Here are a couple of Ribeyes that my wife and I whipped up tonight.  We figured anything BUT poultry sounded good since we are going to be eating on leftover turkey for the next several days.  :)  These were seasoned with some BGE/Dizzy Pig Cosmic Cow...

Served them up with some big loaded baked taters and fresh green beans.  Good stuff!  :)

·

Comments

• EllisEllis Posts: 193

Those steaks have some serious grill marks, looking good.

·
  • Looks good, what was on the side?
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,410
    Thx, guys! Doc, served them up with some loaded baked potatoes and fresh green beans. :)
    ·
  • How'd you get the grill marks? Is that a standard BGE or a CI grid?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
    JC, that was from a CI grid. Grilled direct at about a 525 deg f dome temp for approximately 3 minutes the first side and 2 minutes the second side. Tilted them 45 degrees every 1.5 minutes. Works like a charm every time, depending on the thickness. :) I also make sure the steaks come to room temp before grilling. I also give them a poke test to make sure they come off medium rare.
    ·
    Scuse me, 90 degrees.... :)
    ·
  • Tasty looking
    Boom
    ·

Tasty looking

Thanks, FanOfBoys!

·
  • Look great, Love those grill marks. Guess I need to buy another extra
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    Too pretty to eat....jk. Looks great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I just scored a used MBGE, which will probably just be used for meat.  I think I need to look for some CI grates.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·