Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Coupla Simple Ribeye Steaks...(pix)

Here are a couple of Ribeyes that my wife and I whipped up tonight.  We figured anything BUT poultry sounded good since we are going to be eating on leftover turkey for the next several days.  :)  These were seasoned with some BGE/Dizzy Pig Cosmic Cow...

Served them up with some big loaded baked taters and fresh green beans.  Good stuff!  :)

2014 Co-Wing King
·

Comments

• EllisEllis Posts: 192

Those steaks have some serious grill marks, looking good.

·
  • Looks good, what was on the side?
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,206
    Thx, guys! Doc, served them up with some loaded baked potatoes and fresh green beans. :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • How'd you get the grill marks? Is that a standard BGE or a CI grid?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
    JC, that was from a CI grid. Grilled direct at about a 525 deg f dome temp for approximately 3 minutes the first side and 2 minutes the second side. Tilted them 45 degrees every 1.5 minutes. Works like a charm every time, depending on the thickness. :) I also make sure the steaks come to room temp before grilling. I also give them a poke test to make sure they come off medium rare.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    Scuse me, 90 degrees.... :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • Tasty looking
    Boom
    ·

Tasty looking

Thanks, FanOfBoys!

2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • Look great, Love those grill marks. Guess I need to buy another extra
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Too pretty to eat....jk. Looks great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I just scored a used MBGE, which will probably just be used for meat.  I think I need to look for some CI grates.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·