Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Herbed Poultry Brine from: Charcuterie, The craft of Salting Smoking and Curing

124»

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
    edited November 2012
    My guess is imperial but I could be wrong.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Dude, it's me. I roll imperial or nothing at all

·
  • ShedFarm said:
    Is that metric or imperial minutes?
    I'm thinking it's "wife minutes."  If "I'll be ready to go in a few minutes" equals half an hour, then eight wife minutes would be an hour.
    Kinda the opposite of husband minutes eh?
    :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 143
    One last question. Ok, maybe 2...Do you guys season the bird after you take it out of the brine and rinse it? If you season it, do you do it before the resting time or right before egging?
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
    edited November 2012
    Grambler said:

One last question. Ok, maybe 2...Do you guys season the bird after you take it out of the brine and rinse it? If you season it, do you do it before the resting time or right before egging?

1st time too but I believe the process will go like this:

Remove from brine
    Rinse thoroughly
    Place in fridge for 2-24 hours uncovered
    Remove from fridge and season as desired

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·