Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OUTDOOR GRILL LIGHT

Need an outdoor grill light...can't see what I'm egging. Checked the internet...prices ranged from $29 to $150, some battery..some electric.

Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.
Fairview, Texas
·

Comments

• wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    Expensive but really neat.

Hoping I see this for Christmas!
    ·
  • I just bought this from Amazon, works great but you can't leave it outside

Fulcrum 20019-301 Battery-Operated LED Clip-On Task Light

List Price: $29.99
    Price: $17.05

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 258
    How power portable LED for Lowes or HD for under $20. 1 bulb version or 2 bulbs.I bought it for the grill but also so my grandson feels comfortable on the pool patio
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 557

plenty of threads on this topic with good info.  i still havent decided what to do. might just try a table lantern like this thougimagehimage

http://www.basspro.com/Coleman-LED-Quad-Lantern/product/104408/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,833
    I bought one of these from the Coleman store.

XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    edited November 2012
    Trailblazer 4 LED headlamp from LL Bean for 24.95. This is what I use. It has an elastic band to fit on your head and you can adjust the angle as needed. I always have plenty of light right where I need it.

XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • This one fits the Big Green Egg perfectly under the handle.  It is like it was made for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6503-Q-Handle-Light/dp/B000WEPFT0
    6wr-6503-xlg.jpg
    480 x 480 - 21K
    ·

• CSRAEgger - do you have a picture of it mounted? Thanks in advance.
    XL BGE w/CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    ·
  • CSRAEggerCSRAEgger Posts: 18
    edited November 2012
    I don't on my iPad (which I'm using right now), but here is a link of another poster with some great pictures of it in use. Scroll down midway through the thread to see pictures. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/715676/weber-q-handle-light
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 785
    Any LED head lamp will do, and have other uses.  I bought one of those clamp on LED grill lights from Target a while back (mostly use it for other purposes), but it eats batteries.
    ·
  • +1 for the head lamp.  Effective and inexpensive.
    41+WS9U2UxL._AA160_[2].jpg
    160 x 160 - 4K
    ·
  • I use a headlamp.
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 557
    Til I go buy lantern or something else, I use a headlamp. Costco has a 3 pack for like 10 bucks
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 337
    lanterns work great on top of a tree
    photo.JPG
    640 x 478 - 109K
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here's mine...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 233
    I bought a bad ass Sodium Security light. https://www.rona.ca/en/security-light

My kids can even play in the backyard at night now lol. I love it.  

DSC_9327-800.jpg
    800 x 535 - 60K
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • TD458TD458 Posts: 4
    A friend gave me this light for Christmas - works great. Don't remember the name on the box.
    DSCN3162.JPG
    640 x 480 - 85K
    DSCN3163.JPG
    640 x 480 - 84K
    DSCN3170.JPG
    640 x 480 - 86K
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,938
    Headlamp for me too. I usually have the dog out there with me at night so I can just turn to look at her too.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • captjocaptjo Posts: 58
    TD458 said:
    A friend gave me this light for Christmas - works great. Don't remember the name on the box.
    This one is made by Innovations by Chance. It is awesome
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,152

I have tried all kinds of lights over the past few years - rope lights, solar lights, shop/work lights on an extension cord from the garage, LED headlamps. They were not very expensive but did not shed very much light, so I got what I paid for.

About a month ago I had outdoor floodlights and GFCI outlets installed near my two outdoor cooking areas. It was pricey because I paid someone to do it, but if you're handy like that yo can probably do it yourself. It was the single best upgrade tp outdoor cooking I have ever had.... until I bought my egg a week later. Now I have great lighting (with a power outlet) for my cooking areas.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Headlamp here. Looks dumb but works great.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    18650 flashlight on a microphone gooseneck here.

·