Thanks for reading and your help. I have a LBGE and my mother-in-law and others from wife's side of family are coming over Friday. I bought a brining bag and it came with a brining kit and rub mix.
I have read a lot of threads on here as well as recipes online but they are all inconsistent in messaging. Please help with the following questions and feel free to add any other commentary.
1. I want to cook at 350 Degrees is this ok? I have read as low as 225 and read that low and slow is bad. Thoughts?
2. If I cook at 350, approx how many min per pound? I have a 15# turkey and also a Maverick 732 so I'm good there...just want to plan the meal time.
3. Plate setter or no plate setter? I have a v rack and a aluminum turkey pan but am unsure here. I read drip pans should not touch PSL and I read turkey in v-rack in pan.
4. Do you open at all during the cook to baste?
5. I read don't over smoke so is it ok to use 2-3 chunks of wood or is that too much? If I used a couple handfuls of chips should I open in the middle and add more (just once)?
6. I think this is the last question....what do I stuff inside this bird? Potatoes, carrots, onions?
Thanks for your help everyone!