Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Moldy Egg

I'm sad to come here with this issue.  I am a personal chef and when I leave the farm, anything goes.  The short of it is this,  the egg was and still is stored where I absolutely said it wasn't to be stored.   In a damp musty stinky shed that houses all things lawn and garden related, including stacks of fertilizer, which puts a stench throughout the shed.  When I came back from Maine a week ago,  I went looking for the egg,  kinda like an Easter egg hunt.  The lawn shed was the last place I wanted to look, but when I cracked the door open,  there it was sitting in there without even it's cover on it.  

When I opened the lid,  I almost vomited on site.   The stainless rack is covered with a coating of FUZZY mold and the whole interior of the egg has a mold layer on it as well.   

Anybody out there know what to do about this situation?  I know that soap and water is out of the question,  so do I just wipe as much off as possible and then load it with charcoal and let it run at high temp to burn it off or is it toast?   

Any input as to what to do would be appreciated.   Thanks and have a great T-day ahead.  The good news is that I won't be cooking with it for T-day.. ;o))

Comments