Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

going to be in New Orleans

I've notice a lot of people posting on this are from the New Orleans area.  I'm coming in next week to see the LSU/MISS game and then the Saints/Falcons.  Any suggestions where to go for good bbq or local fare.  We are staying around the french quarter.  

Thanks
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,830
    Sadly, not many BBQ places around here, but no shortages of excellent restaurants.

http://www.squeal-nola.com/

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143909/places-to-eat-in-nola/p1

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 416
    I made this list for a SWCC reunion that we had here in New Orleans last year. PM me and we'll see if we can meet up at some point.

http://screencast.com/t/COXAzVGW

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • thanks all.  ended up hitting Mr. B's  in the french quarter  and  mothers for brunch.  The rest was food around the stadium at LSU and at the great Saints football game.  Think I may have had a few too many hurricanes somewhere in between that.  
    ·
    Hope you had a good time. The big easy seems to grant you a really good time, or a really bad time (like that one mardi gras I had back in '96).  Lesson learned.

·
  • Hope you had a good time. The big easy seems to grant you a really good time, or a really bad time (like that one mardi gras I had back in '96).  Lesson learned.
    I was there in 96. I was 16 with a fake ID and a redhead girlfriend who drove a Mustang 5.0. I cant believe I am still alive. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    edited November 2012
    I woke up at Tulane and Broad.  Probably worked out better than finding the truck and driving home.  Don't get thrown out of a bar on mardi gras morning on Bourbon st.  Had a few mardi gras before that where I wondered the same thing Travis did.  But pure fun.  Until it wasn't.  But it still was.

·
    ...and don't piss me off if you're a 19 year old frat boy from Tulane.  He ended up in the same place.

·
  • ...and don't piss me off if you're a 19 year old frat boy from Tulane.  He ended up in the same place.
    I was 6'1" and about 200 at 16. I never really pissed many people off. I was pretty easy going. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • ericpericp Posts: 152
    Dragos for oysters is ecxellent
    ·

...and don't piss me off if you're a 19 year old frat boy from Tulane.  He ended up in the same place.
    I was 6'1" and about 200 at 16. I never really pissed many people off. I was pretty easy going. 
    That's about what I'm at now.  When I was 16, I was about 6' 155.  This was years later and we were both drunk trolls ready to be idiots.  I was being a smartass.  Usually I'm super mellow when saturated with hand grenades.

·