Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Allegro Legs

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
My favorite for legs.  Overnight in Allegro Hot & Spicy, done raised grid on a rack at 400 for about 35 minutes until internal is 180.

Tasty and pleasingly steaming on a cool night.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Good looking eats and I love the rack though I would knock a few off onto the grate and let them go for a few minutes for that crispy charred skin! I like them both ways! Where did you get that rack at? Thx Doc!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Ace Hardware.  Actually the rack produces really nice crispy skin.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Hi Doc-This version overtakes your Dichicko's peri-peri -or the garlic version or as you mention, just for the legs...curious as you turn out great eats and am wondering where to go next in the wing world!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    I gotta get me one of those! Not sure Ace's in Northern Illinois have those in late November but there is always the Internet! I'll ask OZ (a.k.a.Google) tomorrow!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I still like Dichicko's on lots of stuff, and use it on wings.  But this Allegro is just perfect for legs.  I haven't tried it on wings, but I suspect it would be good.

What I have not tried is tossing the wings, after the cook, in Dichicko's.  We're big into marinating.

• chrisnjenn
    Options
    Looks good, doc. I have tried both Dichickos and Allegro on chicken, pork, etc. and we find Dichikos to be a lot better overall. Fortunately I live 10 minutes from the Dichickos hq's so getting it is easy.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Looks good, doc. I have tried both Dichickos and Allegro on chicken, pork, etc. and we find Dichikos to be a lot better overall. Fortunately I live 10 minutes from the Dichickos hq's so getting it is easy.
    I love Dichicko's and am actually, sort of, the Florida Ambassador for them and my picture used to be on their web page (my orders actually come addressed that way).  But for legs, this Allegro is great.  Nothing is better for a bone in pork roast than Dichicko's garlic.

I have an orphan Dichicko's plant on my porch, and grow some of my own peppers.

BTW, I buy Dichicko's by the gallon :-)

• Doc_Eggerton
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wow, wait, 10 minutes away.  Unfortunately, Augusta is not on the way to anywhere so I have never been to the Cafe.

Say Hi to Heather for me! 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Nice legs, Doc!  ;)  I have a similar leg rack that I like a lot.  Just used it a couple weeks ago, but after seeing your pics, I shall hafta use it again in the very near future!