Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatch Turkey time

Doing my first, a 13 pounder. I know you cook to temp, but how long will this take? I plan a raised grid at 350-400 dome temp.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,881
    I seem to remember around 90 minutes.  Mickey's the spatchturk expert, maybe he'll chime in.

·
  • One hour 45 minutes
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047

Some where between nolaegghead and scaryangel :!!

I cook direct at 400 raised. And I cook that size turkey.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • alyndalynd Posts: 97
    Do you think it would work to cook the stuffing in the drip pan underneath the spatchcocked turkey?  
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,881

alynd said:
    Do you think it would work to cook the stuffing in the drip pan underneath the spatchcocked turkey?  
    You could wrap it in foil and throw it in the drip pan.  Just don't overcook it.  Smoke is not good in stuffing (at least in my opinion).  The oven is perhaps a better option.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    10lb...indirect at 250...5 hrs?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • roscorosco Posts: 12
    I too am very interested in this, brine or no brine? inject or not?
    ·
  • roscorosco Posts: 12
    also, what type of wood should I use if any?
    ·