Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cow Lickin Chilli Last Night

SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
edited November 2012 in Soups, Stews, Chilis
Last night I made some Cow Lickin Chilli, from a recipe on this forum. Cooked at 350 on the platesetter and used some pecan for smoke. My first cook in my new Lodge CI DO.  It was fantastic and everyone enjoyed at least 2 bowls. I had a nice growler of local craft beer to go with it.
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
·

Comments

• Do I smell beans? Say "not so".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Sorry VI, 1 can of Blk Beans and 1 can of Kidney. I was following the posted recipe!!!!!

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,203
    There's always a delay in smelling beans.

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,434

What size CI DO did you get ?

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,539
    Looks great- love that recipe.  Although I have to admit (as mentioned in the previous thread)...I haven't tried it with Cow Lick!  I also couldn't find dried peppers (looks like you ordered from Penzy's).  I think I might just have to do some shopping and do it right! 

I didn't know we had growlers around Atlanta.  I'll have to check that place out sometime.  The Marietta location isn't too far from me.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    There's always a delay in smelling beans.

:-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • SmokeyPitt said:

I didn't know we had growlers around Atlanta.  I'll have to check that place out sometime.  The Marietta location isn't too far from me.   
    The Marietta Location is just a couple of miles from me!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • RAC said:

What size CI DO did you get ?

It's a 9 Qt, got a great deal on it through Amazon which is now gone. My neighbor wanted one when he saw mine but the deal was gone
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,434
    I have a LBGE also and was trying to decide what size to get. I have a Lodge 5 Qt and it's just to small for some cooks

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • The 9 QT fits easily in the LBGE
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Do I smell beans? Say "not so".
    I guess that's good meat and bean stew then! ;)
    ·