Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What size turkey fits on the Egg?

I'm feeding 20+ next week for Thanksgiving... my first bird on my Large Egg. I've done my research, and the Mad Max method looks great to me! Simple question: what size bird will fit on the Large Egg in a real or double-foil roasting pan??? Any other 'wish I'd thought of that' or other suggestions on other techniques/recipes to look at? Thanks!
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,755

I don't know about the pan, but 18.5lber will fit on the large.

P1040405.jpg 88.9K

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I love the appetizers.  I just may need to throw some sausages on with my turkey in case I get hungry.
    ·
  • 24 Lbs on a large. Take the clip off the dome thermo and clip it back behind the dial and let ist sit loose so it isn't in the meat

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,806
    Guy I work with just got a fresh 30 pounder from his dad who has a turkey farm.  That was one of the small ones.  He sells them for sammich meat.  Unfortunately, he's up in Minneapolis, so I can't hit him up for one.  I'll ask him if the monster birds taste tender.

·