Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's Pizza Night! Where's My Parchment Paper?

Oh the horrors!  It's Pizza Night and we ran out of parchment paper!  We tried to keep the peel floured up, but we still had some dough sticking issues.  We noticed sometimes there was too much flour on the dough and other times it was fine.  Our consistency sucked.  We were outside our comfort zone the whole time.   

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• Plan ahead! There are two things to never run out of, Lump and parchment. There are substitutes for both, but you could be outside "your comfort zone". Lump, you can usually tell if your neighbors might have some, parchment is a different story, just go knock on a door and ask!  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,742
    edited November 2012
    Mr Flintstone, are you doing pizza on a small egg. I am looking for a pizza stone for my small egg. Not sure which way to go, did a lot of looking around today while we were shopping and couldn't find any stones around 10 or 11 inches.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    If you run out of parchment you can always use waxed paper - pretend that was written in the Internet sarcasm font.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    Tjcoley said:

If you run out of parchment you can always use waxed paper - pretend that was written in the Internet sarcasm font.

Drats! We need Sartalics as a font option.
    ·
  • Mr Flintstone, are you doing pizza on a small egg. I am looking for a pizza stone for my small egg. Not sure which way to go, did a lot of looking around today while we were shopping and couldn't find any stones around 10 or 11 inches.

Call Tom at Ceramic Grill store. He has stones for the small. Got mine within 24 hours after ordered.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Plan ahead! There are two things to never run out of, Lump and parchment. There are substitutes for both, but you could be outside "your comfort zone". Lump, you can usually tell if your neighbors might have some, parchment is a different story, just go knock on a door and ask!  

My neighbors have gassers. Every stinkin one! I'm like an island of good (if I do say so myself) Que in a sea of junk.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·

• Mr Flintstone, are you doing pizza on a small egg. I am looking for a pizza stone for my small egg. Not sure which way to go, did a lot of looking around today while we were shopping and couldn't find any stones around 10 or 11 inches.

Call Tom at Ceramic Grill store. He has stones for the small. Got mine within 24 hours after ordered.

That's what I did!

·
  • Has anyone found a source for really wide parchment, so you don't have to use two strips for a big pie?
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • @Doc_Eggerton the widest i've seen is 15", Costco. Are you looking for something wider? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    Reynolds has a 15 inch

·
  • I like using two strips its easier to pull out front two sides just over lap the middle
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    @Doc_Eggerton the widest i've seen is 15", Costco. Are you looking for something wider? 
    +1. I would look for a bakery supply store for a larger width. Most parchment is 15" to fit width-wise  on sheet pans. I was able to find these 16x24 sheets on the interwebs. I found up to 36" rolls, but they were on the art-supply section of Amazon for calligraphy/drawing. I don't know if that's food-safe.

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,450
    Just get a Super Peel and don't worry about the parchment paper!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,271
    You can make and bake them on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.  After a few minutes, the dough is cooked enough to transfer to the stone.

·
  • Don't need no stinkin' parchment paper guys...........if the dough is right. I've done it twice so far, twice out of twice. Watch how much flour she adds.

LBGE
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    That super peel looks nice and easy...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  •  

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·