Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I thought it would be easy...

Options
...but it eludes me.  I would like to upgrade my new (to me) medium to a 15.75 grate, and since it will be used mainly for meat, get something in cast iron.  I haven't found it.  Where would you go?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    What size is the normal grate? I'm still waiting on my dad to bring me my med.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Pasquali,

Pleasa forgive me, but instead of a CI grate, take another approach.  You wanta to impressa your amicos, get a custom steak branding iron with your initials to brand the meat.  Much more impressive than a hash marks ona the meat.

Capiche ?

Example: click here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited November 2012
    Options

15.75 ss and 15 for porcelain coated grids, respectively. I've been looking as well but there is a dearth of eggcessories for the medium in general.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Standard is 15, but CGS offers a Woo in 15.75.  When I measured it was obvious that 15.75 would fit easily.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I like the CI grate for the large, so I know this isn't terribly germane, but it is a bit of a PITA. Why do you want it? 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia