Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot Darn! Should have thought of this sooner.

I have solved my "raise the drip pan off the plate setter" problem. It cost $5 and came with two alum cookie sheets for free. 

This thing has sat in my man box for a few months and I never thought of using it as a spacer until today. It is basically a bakers cooling rack or whatever. My wife uses them too cool cookies and cakes. 
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
·

Comments

• You, sir, are a brain scientist and a rocket surgeon.  Nice going !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • I also hunted for the right bricks for about 15 min until remembered I have a half a pallet of bricks in my back yard. I felt like the Village Idiot. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    I do the same thing. Also, sometimes I lay sliced of bacon on it and cook them. I love bacon that way.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,161

I like that better then my 3 pennies in each corner idea. Here is an Amazon link for anyone interested.

http://www.amazon.com/GC-Tools-Gadgets-Cake-Square/dp/B000BOAFZU/ref=sr_1_10?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1353189254&sr=1-10&keywords=cooling+rack

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    @travisstrick have one of those i sit my hot grids and place setter on now i have another use thanks for the idea 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,201
    Your idea just jiggled my brain stem:  I kept the two racks from my $50 electric water smoker that I used for 15 years, the smaller one fits inside my place-setter perfectly.  Thank you!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 260
    Brilliant
    ·
  • Texans, sometimes you just can't tell 'em anything without pictures. This is a great idea, 'cause I've been using it for sometime.....

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    Slap head! I've got tons of racks. Put a Travis stamp on it and you could sell them as an Egg accessory for $29.95.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I would like to know more about the cakes and cookies that were on those racks before.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • That is one of the few very tricks I figured out (on my own!!) right off the bat. My problem is that because I'm now using them in the Egg, my racks are here, there and everywhere and I have to go hunting for them. Chaos.

·