Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what's for dinner tonight

Doing a 7pound chicken and roasted veggies under it for dinner tonight on the XL and later a 9.5 pound boston butt on the LBGE . wondering what everyone else is doing for cooks this weekend  .
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• Turkey and white bean chili here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Preparing for T-day in a rather odd way. Daughter and SIL will be coming w. their Siberian huskies. Found some discounted beef back ribs, w. just a couple of good bites of meat on them. Will roast them, and get those bites off. At same time,  do some burgers. Doggies will get a good chew so we can enjoy our dinner w/o the sad panting "please, I'm soooo hungry" looks.

Otherwise, this weekend is the calm before the storm. Getting ready for the holiday cook
  • SWMBTWASOYF (She Who Must Be Tolerated With A Smile On Your Face) otherwise known as my mother-in-law is here for two (that's right I said TWO) weeks.  I'm going to duplicate my pork roulade cook tonight that I did a couple of weeks ago. 

The weather is nice here.  I think I'll stay outside all weekend putting up Christmas decorations & lights.  Prolly end up looking like Clark Griswold's house because I don't want to go inside!

Flint, Michigan
  • Eating at friends tonight, Making Cow Lick Chilli tomorrow!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • N.Y. Strips and baked potato on the egg and for dessert the kids are having s'mores using the BGE
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Poppers and turtle eggs for a dance team party...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • First Flat for me.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Going to a company manager's party at the GMs house.  Schmooz with the higher ups, even though I don't work for the local puppets, he's a cool guy.  Then (call me a **** (cat)) but we're gonna see (on request from SWMBO) the Twilight movie.  Yeah, I read the books, and I'm a sissy and all that, but I carry a very sharp knife.
    Going to a company manager's party at the GMs house.  Schmooz with the higher ups, even though I don't work for the local puppets, he's a cool guy.  Then (call me a **** (cat)) but we're gonna see (on request from SWMBO) the Twilight movie.  Yeah, I read the books, and I'm a sissy and all that, but I carry a very sharp knife.
    next your gonna tell us you watch the vampire diaries  =))  don't ask how i know about them lol 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    bigphil said:
    next your gonna tell us you watch the vampire diaries  =))  don't ask how i know about them lol 
    hahahah.  I'll tell you what, I'd wager I'd be banned for life from this forum if I admitted to it.  Happily, I've only heard of them.  Wait....didn't I read a couple of those books....need to look at the library. :(
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Donner party baby back ribs here. Got a great set of toddler ribs.
  • Spatch chicken with Jamaican Firewalk (our favorite for chicken), wild rice pilaf, and roasted cauliflower with garlic olive oil and kosher salt. In about half an hour.
    LBGE
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Jerk chicken smoked with a little apple wood. Pics to follow.( I hope! )
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Halibut wrapped with country ham, cooked in parchment paper.
    Country han is a salt cured raw ham isn't it? Like procuitto or serrano

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Jerk chicken
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Bought a whole boneless Ribeye and tonight was one of the steaks from it. This way I can cut them as I like them and is much cheaper than buying steaks in the store. That and a salad  with Western dressing and I'm done. No smokewood for this one.
  • Going to a company manager's party at the GMs house.  Schmooz with the higher ups, even though I don't work for the local puppets, he's a cool guy.  Then (call me a **** (cat)) but we're gonna see (on request from SWMBO) the Twilight movie.  Yeah, I read the books, and I'm a sissy and all that, but I carry a very sharp knife.
    I don't know what to say, all these months I've looked up to you and valued your opinion  and now to hear this.... I need another drink
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Halibut wrapped with country ham, cooked in parchment paper.
    Ooh, that's a new one.  Pics/Recipe?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231

I don't know what to say, all these months I've looked up to you and valued your opinion  and now to hear this.... I need another drink

Hahaha! "I don't ever know who you are right now!"
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL