Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

what's for dinner tonight

Doing a 7pound chicken and roasted veggies under it for dinner tonight on the XL and later a 9.5 pound boston butt on the LBGE . wondering what everyone else is doing for cooks this weekend  .
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• Turkey and white bean chili here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,568
    Preparing for T-day in a rather odd way. Daughter and SIL will be coming w. their Siberian huskies. Found some discounted beef back ribs, w. just a couple of good bites of meat on them. Will roast them, and get those bites off. At same time,  do some burgers. Doggies will get a good chew so we can enjoy our dinner w/o the sad panting "please, I'm soooo hungry" looks.

Otherwise, this weekend is the calm before the storm. Getting ready for the holiday cook
    ·
  • SWMBTWASOYF (She Who Must Be Tolerated With A Smile On Your Face) otherwise known as my mother-in-law is here for two (that's right I said TWO) weeks.  I'm going to duplicate my pork roulade cook tonight that I did a couple of weeks ago. 

The weather is nice here.  I think I'll stay outside all weekend putting up Christmas decorations & lights.  Prolly end up looking like Clark Griswold's house because I don't want to go inside!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Eating at friends tonight, Making Cow Lick Chilli tomorrow!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • N.Y. Strips and baked potato on the egg and for dessert the kids are having s'mores using the BGE
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Poppers and turtle eggs for a dance team party...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • First Flat for me.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,788
    Going to a company manager's party at the GMs house.  Schmooz with the higher ups, even though I don't work for the local puppets, he's a cool guy.  Then (call me a **** (cat)) but we're gonna see (on request from SWMBO) the Twilight movie.  Yeah, I read the books, and I'm a sissy and all that, but I carry a very sharp knife.

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    Going to a company manager's party at the GMs house.  Schmooz with the higher ups, even though I don't work for the local puppets, he's a cool guy.  Then (call me a **** (cat)) but we're gonna see (on request from SWMBO) the Twilight movie.  Yeah, I read the books, and I'm a sissy and all that, but I carry a very sharp knife.
    next your gonna tell us you watch the vampire diaries  =))  don't ask how i know about them lol 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,788
    bigphil said:
    next your gonna tell us you watch the vampire diaries  =))  don't ask how i know about them lol 
    hahahah.  I'll tell you what, I'd wager I'd be banned for life from this forum if I admitted to it.  Happily, I've only heard of them.  Wait....didn't I read a couple of those books....need to look at the library. :(

·
  • Halibut wrapped with country ham, cooked in parchment paper.
    ·
  • I did a 14lb briskey, 10lb butt and 2lbs of Pintos from scratch. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,052
    Donner party baby back ribs here. Got a great set of toddler ribs.
    ·
  • Spatch chicken with Jamaican Firewalk (our favorite for chicken), wild rice pilaf, and roasted cauliflower with garlic olive oil and kosher salt. In about half an hour.
    LBGE
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Jerk chicken smoked with a little apple wood. Pics to follow.( I hope! )
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Halibut wrapped with country ham, cooked in parchment paper.
    Country han is a salt cured raw ham isn't it? Like procuitto or serrano

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Jerk chicken
    image.jpg 216K
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Bought a whole boneless Ribeye and tonight was one of the steaks from it. This way I can cut them as I like them and is much cheaper than buying steaks in the store. That and a salad  with Western dressing and I'm done. No smokewood for this one.
    ·
  • Going to a company manager's party at the GMs house.  Schmooz with the higher ups, even though I don't work for the local puppets, he's a cool guy.  Then (call me a **** (cat)) but we're gonna see (on request from SWMBO) the Twilight movie.  Yeah, I read the books, and I'm a sissy and all that, but I carry a very sharp knife.
    I don't know what to say, all these months I've looked up to you and valued your opinion  and now to hear this.... I need another drink
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,269
    Halibut wrapped with country ham, cooked in parchment paper.
    Ooh, that's a new one.  Pics/Recipe?  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231

I don't know what to say, all these months I've looked up to you and valued your opinion  and now to hear this.... I need another drink

Hahaha! "I don't ever know who you are right now!"
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·