Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

haven't tried ribs - need a rack

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the consensus on where and what type of rib rack I should purchase for my large egg?

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    barney,
    The V-Rack from BGE that's designed for the medium and large has 6 slots for ribs......

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    barney,
    i have a rib rack for sale. the porcelan coating is coming off after three uses and its real pain to clean but i'll let you have it for next to nothing.[p]Honestly, i doubt that you will use it very much. but if you buy one go cheap. If you find that you use it a lot go for a stainless one if you can find one. just lay the ribs bone side down on the grid and they will turn out fine.[p]Scott

• Unknown
    Options
    barney,
    Don't let no rack hold you back from trying ribs. I have been making them with no rack. Altho I'd like to try them on a rack, who knows when I'll get around to purchasing one. In the meantime, I have had some mighty tasty rib meals.[p]Gwen

• Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Options
    barney,
    I'm with Gwen on this. I've tried ribs with and without the rack. The only advantage to the rack is maybe you can fit a little more on. [p]If you haven't picked up Dr. BBQ's book and you're looking for good rib recipes, look no further. I did his Backyard Championship recipe tonight, and they were awesome! I cooked them about an hour longer than he suggested, and they still came out great. Gotta love the Egg!

• mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    barney,
    I got a wire rack (made for ribs and potatoes) at Lowes. I think it was around 10 dollars. It works OK for ribs. (I think this is the same rack that Wess B. had mentioned in an earlier post.)[p]mule

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gwen, your on the mark here. I have a number of racks sitting that never get used now. Amazing what just a grill or two will do.
    C~W[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Eggtuary,
    I've been using his rib recipes too and they are beyond wonderful. I keep the left-over rub in the freezer so it lasts until my next cook, even tho that is rarely long enough that it would have spoiled.[p]Gwen