Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Plate Temp

What are you using to test this temp?  I'm curious. 

Thanks for any help!
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,879
    I don't have one...but I think most folks use an IR (infrared) thermometer to measure surface temp of a pizza stone.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 589
    edited November 2012

I have my heart set on a Fluke... http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-MAX-Infrared-Thermometer-Battery/dp/B0089N2ZH6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1353033068&sr=8-10&keywords=fluke+thermometer but will probably settle for something from Harbour Freight

I actually think I'd use it for other things around the house - like tracking leaks in the duct work so I can tape it, finding out if that gap in the front door is letting cold in, how much cold air is coming from the medicine cabinet in the upstairs bathroom.

Large BGE

·
  • Seems perfectly reasonable.  Medicine cabinets can be leading contributors to whole house energy inefficiency.  
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,438
    Seems perfectly reasonable.  Medicine cabinets can be leading contributors to whole house energy inefficiency.  

Not to mention Prego Test kits.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 589
    Seems perfectly reasonable.  Medicine cabinets can be leading contributors to whole house energy inefficiency.  

Can you explain that to SWMBO?  In our house (a backsplit - half the medicine cabinet backs are in the lower house attic.  Some mornings my deodorant gives an nice chill.    :))

Large BGE

·
  • Hope you don't have hemmorhoidal ointment in there :-B

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • In truth, if you have a platesetter spacers and the stone, the pizza stone will be the same as your dome temp, give or take a few.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·