Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pizza Plate Temp

What are you using to test this temp?  I'm curious. 

Thanks for any help!
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,370
    I don't have one...but I think most folks use an IR (infrared) thermometer to measure surface temp of a pizza stone.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 549
    edited November 2012

I have my heart set on a Fluke... http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-MAX-Infrared-Thermometer-Battery/dp/B0089N2ZH6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1353033068&sr=8-10&keywords=fluke+thermometer but will probably settle for something from Harbour Freight

I actually think I'd use it for other things around the house - like tracking leaks in the duct work so I can tape it, finding out if that gap in the front door is letting cold in, how much cold air is coming from the medicine cabinet in the upstairs bathroom.

Large BGE

·
  • Seems perfectly reasonable.  Medicine cabinets can be leading contributors to whole house energy inefficiency.  
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,249
    Seems perfectly reasonable.  Medicine cabinets can be leading contributors to whole house energy inefficiency.  

Not to mention Prego Test kits.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 549
    Seems perfectly reasonable.  Medicine cabinets can be leading contributors to whole house energy inefficiency.  

Can you explain that to SWMBO?  In our house (a backsplit - half the medicine cabinet backs are in the lower house attic.  Some mornings my deodorant gives an nice chill.    :))

Large BGE

·
  • Hope you don't have hemmorhoidal ointment in there :-B

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • In truth, if you have a platesetter spacers and the stone, the pizza stone will be the same as your dome temp, give or take a few.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·