Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Scotch Eggs on the Egg

This is the first time I've posted a cook. We usually eat late, and my husband might not be too pleased if I held up dinner to take photos and plate carefully. But I made these in the afternoon. Although a bar snack in Britain (and usually deep fried), these are good for breakfast or lunch. Most recipes use a pound of sausage for four eggs, but I didn't want that much meat. 

Use any sausage you like or get something mild and spice to your taste. Divide into six equal portions.

Put six LARGE eggs in a sauce pan, cover with water and boil for 3 minutes. Put in ice water.

Carefully peel the eggs (they are soft boiled and a bit fragile). Smash a portion of the sausage thinly in an oval and enclose the egg. 

Cooked indirect at 350 for an hour on a mini. 

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments