Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloin - what a mess...

DonWW
DonWW Posts: 424
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I watched this recipe on Triple D and thought it sounded great.  Well, the concept was good - the execution was pretty much just that: an execution.  The recipe calls for a pork butt (we used tenderloin), butterflied, rolled out and filled with a mixture of lemon/orange zest, EVOO, rosemary, sage, parsley, S&P.  Then, rolled up "sideways" for more girth.  The preparation had our expectations running high, 

Even upon completion, it looked great.  Cooked about 45 minutes at 330 direct.  Internal was about 150 when I pulled it.

If - and that's a big if - we do this again, we will reduce the zest by about 75%.  Very overpowering.   My wife had her head looking forward, but her eyes looking at me askance.  Guys, we have all seen the look - just not related to cooks on the egg. 

Revenge and redemption must be swift, compelling and without hesitation.  A 5lb pork shoulder will be ready about dinner time today.
XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.

Comments