Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Part I: New (semi) portable BoomBox. Part II: Egging with bleeding eardrums

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,241
edited November 2012 in Off Topic
Got a really good deal on this.  My neighbors impressed me with a portable jawbone speaker.  Not to be outdone, this thing weighs 32 pounds without the 12 D cell batteries.    TDK Boombox.  Man it's LOUD!  And the sound quality is excellent.

http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-us/Home-Audio/Boomboxes/3-Speaker-Boombox-Audio-System/

Oh, and a new salmon knife I got a few days ago but forgot in my buddy's car until today.  Messermeister 12".  Could have used this last weekend.

Comments

• I'm a fan of the Jawbone Big Jambox as a good egg accessory. Along with an iPad and iGrill...
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,127
    I saw these on woot the other day :).  That is bad @$$.  It's almost too heavy to walk down the street with it on your shoulder.  Now all you need is a piece of cardboard and a track suit! 

(Borrowed from a previous thread today!)
    troll dance.gif
    360 x 360 - 194K

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,241
    I'm a fan of the Jawbone Big Jambox as a good egg accessory. Along with an iPad and iGrill...
    Pound for pound, that Jambox is impressive.  That's the one the vegetarian lawyer neighbors have.  They inspired me.  I got this one from woot.com for around $220.

• I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the hell outta people and make kids cry.

Take an iPad and show the movie Breakin to the kids. All will be forgiven.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Nola,

Lookin forward to seeing you there.

:(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the hell outta people and make kids cry.
    Nah, won't warrant a second glance...Everybody will think you are one of those "keep Austin weird" peeps . :D
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX

I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the hell outta people and make kids cry.
    Nah, won't warrant a second glance...Everybody will think you are one of those "keep Austin weird" peeps . :D
    drag worms - you still call them that?

• I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the @#!*% outta people and make kids cry.
    drag worms - you still call them that?
    yep. But they are way too 'heroin chic" to roll with a pimp box like that. They are more into growing beards, smelling bad,  harassing people for coinage and trying to coerce coed girls down dark alleys late at night. Good group of folks

• I imagine that thing just pounding out "WHO DAT, WHO DAT" And all that garbage
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,127
    OK people...don't Google "Keep Austin Weird"...and don't look at the images.  Some things you can't unsee   X_X

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    Hey, well at least LSU beat South Carolina. 

• LitLit Posts: 3,088
    I got a Nokia play 360. It has blue tooth and a 21 hour battery life and sounds pretty good. I have made it a couple hundred feet from the speaker and it stays connected to my phone. I food saver it and bring it into the pool in the summer.
    Lit said:
    I got a Nokia play 360. It has blue tooth and a 21 hour battery life and sounds pretty good. I have made it a couple hundred feet from the speaker and it stays connected to my phone. I food saver it and bring it into the pool in the summer.
    awesome idea - very creative.

OK people...don't Google "Keep Austin Weird"...and don't look at the images.  Some things you can't unsee   X_X
    Of course I had to do it.  I think I need to bump up the appt with my shrink.  Thanks for the vision of hairy man ass.  ;)

• That is Leslie. Our (may he rest in peace) local homeless, tranny, mayoral candidate, and celebrity. He died last year but he is a legend. I've seen that thing rolling down the street on bikes, walking, and cruising 6th st. For handouts.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,763
    Nola, too bad there is no dual tape deck.

That ghetto blaster is top-notch! I hope to get to see it in March.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,742
    Twelve D-cells?!?  Hope you got an AC adapter with it.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    You'll see it in march and I did order a 12pk of D cells from Amazon.  Came with a 24V 40 watt adapter.  Who like to rock the party, I like to rock the party!

• nolaegghead Posts: 3,046
    2:46AM
    Hey, well at least LSU beat South Carolina.

That hurt :(
    Hashmaker said:
    nolaegghead Posts: 3,046 2:46AM Hey, well at least LSU beat South Carolina. That hurt :(
    I apologize.  I need to be more sensitive.  I only brought up that victory because SC beat Georgia.