Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Naming of the egg

In response to a few of my posts in various threads, it has been brought to my attention that it is odd that I have a name for my egg, Scotty.  Additionally, it has been the source of confusion for a few, so here it is:  I am the only one who has named their egg? 
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if many have named it "my half'.

One spends so much time on this forum and "wastes" money on "stupid egg toys", that their wife asks for a divorce. They say "fine, but can I keep my half?"

Oops, I forgot this line: I call mine Wadsworth
    ·
  • I call mine my best friend sometimes :D
    Boom
    ·
  • I was talking to a buddy the other day and did say my Egg was prolly my favorite possession. My Yeti, my Wrangler, my custom corn hole boards, and my boat rounded out top 5. My bow barely missed the cut.
    Boom
    ·
  • No name but my wife has called it my grillfriend.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,070
    Hen apple. Growing up in the country we called eggs hen apples....thus....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I haven't named mine but I've heard the wife call it a few.  I'd post them but this is a family site.  Funny how she stops calling it names when she can smell what's cookin.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • DougQDougQ Posts: 30
    Egglodon
    ·
  • I named my girl Meg. She treats me so good...
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,219
    My Egg and I have the same name:
    imageimage
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,810
    My brother actually gave me a BMF wallet for Christmas one year.  I felt like a mushroom cloud layin' muthah f*ckkuh.  And I'd get disdainful looks from grandmas working the checkout counter.

·
  • @nolaegghead - Where's your troll avatar?  I liked that mischievious troll popping up in videos and stuff.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • My 3 year old named our XL "Freddy" when she saw it. No clue why. It stuck, and has been referred to thusly since.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Hen apple. Growing up in the country we called eggs hen apples....thus....
    You know, I figured this right from your first post, I'll bet not many of the city folks got it....

Great handle. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    edited November 2012
    My brother actually gave me a BMF wallet for Christmas one year.  I felt like a mushroom cloud layin' muthah f*ckkuh.  And I'd get disdainful looks from grandmas working the checkout counter.
    @nolaegghead - Where's your troll avatar?  I liked that mischievious troll popping up in videos and stuff.
    I tired of it.  Trolls are (yawn) tiresome.  Troll gifs, on the other hand, are hilarious.
    imageimageimageimage

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Don't forget about this one....

trollface troll face trollface troll face
    ·
  • Next to (not in fornt of or behind mind you) my Ranger Boat, my Egg is my prized possession.  Sooo I will name it, "My Precious"
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,796
    edited November 2012
    ayayron said:

the loser finally post and this is it? Guy has like 400+ marking other people trolls, off topic, and disagree. And this sums up his contribution. Fantastic.
    Boom
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,232
    edited November 2012
    @nolaegghead - Where's your troll avatar?  I liked that mischievious troll popping up in videos and stuff.
    I tired of it.  Trolls are (yawn) tiresome.  Troll gifs, on the other hand, are hilarious.
    imageimageimageimage

Don't forget about this one....

trollface troll face trollface troll face
    I'd say the Christmas one does kinda get me ito the mood of the upcoming season, but the spanking one has SOOOOOOO many possibilities!  I dunno.  The junior troll pulling out the seat is a scream!  I can't pick a favorite.  These are hilarious!!  Go trolls, go!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,374

You mean theres more than one of your type?

:-B

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 192
    Mine is the Deviled Egg.  I always liked eggs so why not.

·
    bud812 said:

I'm one of a kind.  my brothers are crazier than me in some ways, me in others.  We all peoplez.  Lesson 101 in people.  People is crazy.  Every single one of them.

·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 591
    Mine is named Eggbert.  

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
    My secret Indian name is "Big Green Egg".  At least that's what I told my friend's 4 year old daughter when she asked.

·
  • Children and pets OK. Cars bizzare.
    BGE equals grande verde ova
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • "My Egg" as in "don't touch my egg" , "my egg is great", "I enjoy cooking on my egg", "my egg cooks the best (insert your choice of food)"
    ·
  • bud812 said:

I'm one of a kind.  my brothers are crazier than me in some ways, me in others.  We all peoplez.  Lesson 101 in people.  People is crazy.  Every single one of them.
    "God is great!  Beer is good!  And people are crazy!"

·
  • MillsyMillsy Posts: 104
    Thats funny everything i have has a nickname except my egg.Thats it i will have to come up with one for it.
    ·
  • Yes, I have names for my three eggs.

I named the large "Large"
    I named the medium "Medium"
    and, the mini, I named "Mini"

Pretty cute, huh?  
    :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Never could come up with a name for my large. Mini has been dubbed "The Little Brother"

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·