Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Spatch Chicken and livers

Just Got home from a 6 Day Race Trip out West and the wife was stir crazy for my cooking. I went the easy route and did a Spatch chicken with DP Swamp Venom, but I wanted Livers as well. Call me sick call me gross or any other names you like but I love chicken livers. I dusted them with DP Red Eye and threw them on for an hour at 275 Direct.

Did my usual Okra and Tomato and tried a smokey olive oil and pineapple vinagrette that I made and tossed the okra in. I also did the usual portabella mushroom on the grill as well. All I had was Itallian Dressing so I used that, and then some garlic and goat cheese.

After a week of not touching my egg or the knife my wife was very vapy that I  can come home with grease all over my hands and smelling of nitro and still produce a meal.

The one thing that was the greatest she told me was she took down my SMU flag and put out the American flag in honor of our Veterans. It touched me deep inside because she always tells me she loves spending the day with her Veteran. I think from now on I will spend it with her and not race.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments