Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pulled Pork Nachos

I went rooting in the freezer the other night in order to plan some meals for the near future and I found a bag of pulled pork (actually found 3 bags) that I had done awhile back. Didn't feel like pulled pork sandwiches, but nachos sounded good.

First step, make some pico de gallo (no, I didn't use all the peppers and only 1/4 of the onion)

Dice it up all nice and fine

Time to build the nachos. Cheese was a mixture of Oaxaca, Chihuahua and some cheddar cheese. Also used some Hatch enchilada sauce.

Couple minutes under the broiler, guess I could have used the Egg, but I was trying to whip up the meal quick like. Topped it with some pico, sour cream and a bit of home-made quacamole on the side.

Nothing fancy or special, but a great way to use leftover pulled pork instead of just sandwiches. I think I'm gonna try some eggrolls with that next package....

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

Comments