Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatch Chicken and livers

Options

Just Got home from a 6 Day Race Trip out West and the wife was stir crazy for my cooking. I went the easy route and did a Spatch chicken with DP Swamp Venom, but I wanted Livers as well. Call me sick call me gross or any other names you like but I love chicken livers. I dusted them with DP Red Eye and threw them on for an hour at 275 Direct.

Did my usual Okra and Tomato and tried a smokey olive oil and pineapple vinagrette that I made and tossed the okra in. I also did the usual portabella mushroom on the grill as well. All I had was Itallian Dressing so I used that, and then some garlic and goat cheese.

After a week of not touching my egg or the knife my wife was very vapy that I  can come home with grease all over my hands and smelling of nitro and still produce a meal.

The one thing that was the greatest she told me was she took down my SMU flag and put out the American flag in honor of our Veterans. It touched me deep inside because she always tells me she loves spending the day with her Veteran. I think from now on I will spend it with her and not race.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

cl.JPG 593.1K
cl1.JPG 584.3K
cl2.JPG 591.2K

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    You are sick. You are gross. ;)  Naw, jsut kiddin. I don't eat liver (thin kof its function) so you can have my share. The rest looks good.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• travisstrick
    Options
    I love liver (griffin is weird)

I didn't k ow you were a vet?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Mind if I ask who you race/work for as I was at Pomona for the race too, but my man Team Wilkerson went out in round 2..
    026.JPG 417.2K

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I love liver (griffin is weird) I didn't k ow you were a vet?

Liver is an aquried taste.

Yep I did 5 years in the Navy (First Gulf War).

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• TUTTLE871
    Options
    bud812 said:
    Mind if I ask who you race/work for as I was at Pomona for the race too, but my man Team Wilkerson went out in round 2..

I work for Kris Hool TAFC, and helped out Randy Meyer's A Fuel Dragster.

Next Year I might work for the Patron team but thats sill up in the air.

dr.JPG 383.4K

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Cool, I like to pull for the small pro teams that don"t have the mega bucks to back them, thats what drag racing was all about back in the day. Del would be great to work for, good luck.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Optiontrader
    Options
    bud812 said:
    Cool, I like to pull for the small pro teams that don"t have the mega bucks to back them, thats what drag racing was all about back in the day. Del would be great to work for, good luck.
    +1 I used to race brackets, back in the day until things started getting high tech.  Car and driver were not as much of a factor as money and gadgets.  It stopped being fun for me.  I still watch.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Yeah, a bit, but not for that reason. I think of the purpose of a liver and can't wrap my little brain around eating it after that. I'm probably totally wrong, but mentally it weirds me out.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    Options
    Griffin said:

Yeah, a bit, but not for that reason. I think of the purpose of a liver and can't wrap my little brain around eating it after that. I'm probably totally wrong, but mentally it weirds me out.
    I try not to think of what a Liver is used for when I am eating those tasty morsels, Im taking the left overs today and making Pate'.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.