Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Premade pizza skin in the Midwest

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know you affectionatos will shake your heads at this, but for an easy to make pizza meal I've tried a couple brands of canned stuff like Pillsbury and have the darnest time getting a round pizza out of a square piece - and I learned to never pull or cut it off thinking you'll just reattach it elsewhere - or work it too long HA! Anyway back here in at least some of the Midwest there's a premade, thin, round, unbaked skin under the brand name of Roma. We buy it at Schnucks which is a large chain out of St Louis. Spread on Spin's sauce, add your favorite goodies and enjoy!
PS due to earlier attempts with pulled pizza dough (I know, I know that's pulled pork, not pulled pizza) the sauce has leaked through holes and gotten burnt on my stone. How do I clean it? I've scraped the worst, but do I dare soak it and scrub it? It is a BGE brand stone. Thanks in advance!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    RRP,[p]I am nodding my head. Whatever makes your favorite pizza is the only way to go. Period and congratulations.[p]Scrape the stone clean and wipe it off. Never use soap or water on a stone. What comes off should, and what doesn't adds to the character of the stone and doesn't effect the upcoming cooks. It's called wearing in the stone.[p]Spin[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Spin, aye to all!
    C~W