Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pot roast help

Recipe calls to cook to a 210 meat temp and then cook for one more hour at 210 temp....how?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    put it in a 210 F oven (or if you can control your egg that low)
    Are you doubting my egg skills...oven? Really. I'll have to flag you for that...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I don't remember what the boiling point is in Fahrenheit but 212* comes to mind. liquid doesn't get hotter than that as I remember.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Yeah- i think what they mean is if you have it in a pot with liquid, cook it until it is 210 and then hold that temp for an hour.  I think it would be fine if your egg was a little hotter, because the liquid won't go above 212.   I'm not saying you couldn't hold your egg at 210 dome ;)...but 225-250 will be fine too. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    Yeah 212F at sea level, but you don't want any more heat than you need if you can help it, because you're using the moisture in the meat evaporate to keep it cool in a hot oven.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    henapple said:
    Are you doubting my egg skills...oven? Really. I'll have to flag you for that...
    I don't know if I can keep mine that low without firing up the DigiQ.  No doubts though.  Easier to just put it in the oven....awwww it's only one more hour.  Yeah, just damper it down.
    I am so metrified I hate it. Was the 212 right?
    Yes sir, I believe so.

And I second your opinion of the liquid temp controlling the meats temp.
  • nolaegghead
    Duh - pot roast is in a pot with liquid braising liquid - if that's the case, don't worry about the temp.

Steven - I think water boils at 100C in Canada. 
  • You know what. You are probably too young to remember but this was a deal between Canada and the US whereby we would both go metric. We did the deal first and there was an uproar in the American population against it. Your government listened to the will of the people (Now what kind of government does that? Certainly not a Canadian one.) and we got stuck with it. We were screwed to begin with cause we were Imperial in volume. 45 Gallon drums and all that rot.

Steve 

Caledon, ON