Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Reheating Frozen Meat

Someone mentioned reheating frozen pork in another message I posted & I thought I would share a technique that I don’t remember seeing on here before.

When I do a butt, I usually have a good bit of left over.  I like to freeze 2-3 portion sizes in a regular Ziploc freezer bag.  When I’m ready to use it, I will fill the kitchen sink with lukewarm water and let the meat thaw in the bag.  Usually only takes about 20-30 min.  Then, I put the meat in a double boiler/steamer and let it steam for a few minutes and & sometimes mix in a little BBQ sauce.   Works really well and keeps it from drying out.  Anyway, just thought I would pass it along. 

Comments

• Good topic this time of year.  Leftover turkey comes to mind as well. 

One variation I found a couple of years ago when i was looking to reheat pp at a tailgate was to freeze and seal the meat in Foodsaver bags .  Take it out of the freezer and drop into nearly boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Once thawed and warmed through pour into pan, mix in a little sauce or Coca-Cola (pulled pork) and serve.  Was very impressed with the finished product.

**One note, be reasonable (2 lbs) on what you freeze in one bag or you may end up needing alot more time than planned to thaw and heat.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 9,002
    I use foodsaver bags and distribute the leftover meat so the thickness is even before freezing.  Makes it thaw and reheat very quickly.