Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pig on Pig

Pork tenderloins wrapped in homemade bacon.  One was marinated in Allegro hot and spicy, the other rubbed with Native Texan rub from the Savory Spice shop in Austin.  Cooked direct to internal temp of 145.  Tenderloins were awesome, the bacon added a nice touch.  Also did a round of drumsticks for the kiddos.  Will definitely be doing this again.
Wimberley,TX
Large and small
photo.JPG 138.8K
photo1.JPG 156.9K

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,069
    =P~ Bacon wrapped pork...with homemade bacon...nuff said!  That looks great!  Your pic really makes me want one of those leg racks.  It's great to be able to make 12 legs and still have all that room on the grill. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• The leg racks are great, it's nice not to have to worry about turning during the cook.
    Wimberley,TX
    Large and small
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,066

Great cook. What recipe did you use for the bacon.

Those leg racks are wonderful, great for making extra room on the Egg.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Got the bacon from my boss, I'll get the recipe and update soon.
    Wimberley,TX
    Large and small
  • ...that looks fantastic!

I need to get me a leg rack!  HS - what do you think of yours.  Recommendations?
  • I love it. Picked it up a local grocery store for around 8 dollars, but they are easy to find online. It helps maximize the cooking space.
    Wimberley,TX
    Large and small