Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Turkey

Tried my first turkey Saturday, it was a 10 pounder put some dizzy rub on it and cooked to 170 deg. Breast temp and at took about 3 hours. It was awesome, will cook a 20-25 pounder Thanksgiving. Ay idea how long it will take cooking indirect at around 300-deg. Also put in some apple and pecan chunks for a good smoke flavor.
image.jpg 642.6K
·

Comments

• TonyATonyA Posts: 563
    I can't recommend enough that you cook two 15lb birds. You have the space. And at 300 it will take you just inside 4 hours
    ·
  • I have a large egg...and a 23 lb turkey...will it fit standing up on rack...or should I lay it down in a pyex dish like in the oven.??  how long will it take......will the charcol last that long if I keep it at 350 / 375
    ·