It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers
or something cooked with beer
, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
I'm having trouble maintaining the correct temperature when smoking. This is the procedure I am using and, obviously, something is wrong with it:
- Get the BGE up to around 650ºF (turkey this time)
- Open the BGE
- Add wet wood chips
- Add the place setter, legs up.
- Place the turkey in a pan on top of the place setter
- Close the BGE.
- Leave the bottom vent open
- Shut the daisy wheel as far as possible to retain the smoke
- If necessary to keep the smoke from escaping, shut the vent a little.
- Try to keep it at least 225ºF during the smoking stage.
The problem is that the fire is choked and often takes forever to get back up while I try to keep the smoke going.
Do you have a better "recipe" for smoking? Mine stinks.