Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Electric Sander, Meet Eggmate

We got some new adirondack chairs in a natural wood finish. I decided to put a couple of coats of polyurethane on them. While I was at it, I took the electric sander to an old redwood table. It looked so good, I decided to sand the brown stain/paint off the Eggmate and put somy poly on it. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The results with 4 coats of satin poly.

Comments

• CozmoCozmo Posts: 20
    The redwood table and chairs turned out pretty well too. Mrs Cozmo likes the table so much that she wants me to do the same to an old redwood chair.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,521
    That wood looks really nice.  If that poly wasn't spar - you might want to put some spar on it.  UV radiation (sun) makes polyurethane turn dark yellow and crack. 

That wood looks really nice.  If that poly wasn't spar - you might want to put some spar on it.  UV radiation (sun) makes polyurethane turn dark yellow and crack. 

It lives under a covered potion in the shade.
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 514
    That looks terrific.  Way to go.  I need to sand and redo my table.  Its nothing but grease stains and small burns at this point.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    The burns add character. :-)
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 514
    Maybe so, but my table has a lot of character.  Time to clean that dude up.  Hardest part will be getting the egg out of the table to clean, sand and poly it.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    My photo went away?
  • Looks very nice, did you get the chairs locally? I need a couple.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    My wife got them from hayneedle.com