Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another newbie question. Looking to purchase a replacement dual probe thermometer

Options
As probably a lot of eggers have, I have looked to the forums for the collective knowledge of those that know...I'm leaning towards puchasing the Maverick ET 732 but like alot of others, have concerns about using it a handful of times and then it going belly up. I do have an instant read thermometer and have been batting the idea around of purchasing a thermometer that only reads the temp @ the grill. My thought process is, if I'm going to use the instant read thermometer to check the meat temp, why do I need to have a dual probe thermometer, other than the fact it would be wireless & wouldn't feel the need to race to the egg every so often to check the temp. My main concern is the accuracy of the temp in the egg, I would have an idea about how long the meat will need to stay in to get to temp & can just check the meat temp with the instant read...am I off base here?

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    The main purpose of the dual probe is the capability to check it with the remote receiver.  This is especially nice when the cold weather sets in.

I have the 732 and it works like it is supposed to.  Some people have spoken on here about trouble with the probes, but mine is about two years old and works fine.