Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time Baby Back

HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 32
Hey all,
I apologize for hitting the board with a thread that surely exists.  That being said, I can not find a good thread on Baby Back preparation and cooking.  Would anyone mind sharing your experiences or directing me to a link on the subject.
All help is surely appreciated
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,560
    I like to cover them in mustard and rub and smoke with Pecan wood at about 275 for around 5 hours. I don't open the lid once I put them on. Good luck.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • Really appreciate the quick feedback guys and gals, gonna give it a shot.  Do I need liquid in a drop pan under it
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,714
    edited November 2012
    i've never used liquid.  My BB rib cooks are straight and to the point.  

Set up egg indirect
    Season ribs
    Stabilize egg at 250 grid
    Add wood chunk
    Put ribs bone side down on grid
    Check at 4 hours
    Glaze last 30 minutes

No flipping, no spraying, no resting, pure amazingness!  You can tell when they're ready as the meat will start pulling off the bone.  There is also the bend and toothpick test.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·