Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

4 Rack on Large Egg

Hi all,

I'm cooking ribs tonight on my Large BGE and I just realized that I have left my rib rack and my 3 level grill up at my cottage.  I've got nothing!  Does anyone know of a good method to set up the ribs so they cook evenly?  I could just pile them on top of each other and keep rotating them, try and make a makeshift rib rack with nuts and bolts or maybe skewer them in a way to stand them vertically.  

I don't really want to go and buy another rib rack since I have one.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• RoyalQRoyalQ Posts: 11
    Try rolling or coiling the rib racks. It works well and saves space.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,475
    edited November 2012
    I think I would try using skewers to stand them vertically.  Another thing you could try is the rolling the racks...here is a link.  

<edit> 
    RoyalQ beat me to it!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    hapster said:
    Buy another rack and have one for both places; one less thing to worry about carting back and forth...

I like the way you think
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,475
    brycos said:
    hapster said:
    Buy another rack and have one for both places; one less thing to worry about carting back and forth...

I like the way you think
    Part of me was thinking "dude...you can afford two houses go by another rib rack!" ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.