Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Gauge has moisture in bezel

Egg is 8 months old and there is a moisture build up inside bezel.  Noticed on another thread this is a limited warranty item...

"Directly from BGE website-warranty info: 5. TEMPERATURE GAUGE AND GASKET: Gaskets and the Temperature Gauge carry a Limited One (1) Year Warranty to the original purchaser".

Anyone have any experience getting the thermometer replaced?  Already had dealer put me up for a new gasket - gave me the felt as a replacement so it's tucked in garage and a new nomex on the egg so don't know if he'd care about getting another warranty claim.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

Comments

• He'd probably be OK with it. Go see him. Dealers are compensated for warranty work/parts. 
    A good dealer wants you to think of them first for questions and add on goodies, they can only do that if you have a good relationship. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Get your new thermometer (if you can). Take the old one and drill as small a hole as you can in the bottom. Should clear up the moisture, keep the new one as a back up. Seems to happen with gauges no matter who makes them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited November 2012
    No problem. My large gauge had moisture problem also. If it is a slight moisture, readable and accurate you can leave it alone. Eventually it won't be easy to read and you will need to fix the moisture build up. Here is the fix. At the six o'clock position of the dial, in the metal just below the face, drill a small hole. You can also put the gauge in a low temp oven face down and evaporate the moisture. That will work but without drilling the hole moisture will return. There have been several post over the years, including mine, about this issue and graphical instructions to remedy problem. Good luck Link http://eggheadforum.com/search?Search=Condensation+in++guage
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx