Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Orleans Mardi Gras...advice

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
The annual boys trip is going to be during Mardi Gras. Any locals advice on nice places to stay on parade routes. Yep I know will cost a fortune and probably left booking a little late!

Secondly must eat places.

Thanks in advance!

D
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• When you buy grenades, get one regular and one without ice. It costs double but you get three times the booze. Refill your one with ice with the one without.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 402
    First of all ensure that you check the schedule... last i knew they were talking about splitting Mardi Gras up due to the first week being during Superbowl week also in New Orleans this year.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Yep Fat Tuesday is Feb 12th we are going from the 7th to the 12th

Lynnwood WA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,178
    Yeah - like Parallel said - check the schedules.  If money is no object, St. Charles in the Garden District area is a great area that catches a lot of good parades.  If you want to focus more on the Super Crews (Bacchus and Endymion), then look around Canal in Mid City.   Lots of B&Bs in town, most of them in Parade routes are booked years in advance, look, but your best bets might be hotels or look in craigs list for people renting out apartments for the event, maybe even their houses.

Eatz - optiontrader came down for his anniversary recently so this NOLA food thread is pretty fresh:  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143909/places-to-eat-in-nola/p1

The French Quarter doesn't have as many parades except on the Canal Street edge, but it would be a fun place to stay - not as "family" appropriate and may be hard to get any sleep unless you're completely hammered because of the street noise unless you have a courtyard room.

Have fun!