Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gasket Warranty

I was under the impression, from reading the board, that the gasket was a warranty item that you had to contact bge about. I did that yesterday and they said the gasket was only a warranty item for eggs purchased after 3/1/2012. Is that true or did I ask the question incorrectly? Appreciate the advice, in advance.
·

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,824
    That's the same information they told me as well.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,126
    Well that's an audible as far as I know-used to be (before 3/1/12 anyhow) that you could get a replacement gasket compliments of HQ if you had the BGE less than a year.  But things have a way of changing for the corporate good/greed so I'm not exactly surprised.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Directly from BGE website-warranty info: 5. TEMPERATURE GAUGE AND GASKET: Gaskets and the Temperature Gauge carry a Limited One (1) Year Warranty to the original purchaser.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,076
    I bought mine in August...sent me a replacement 2 weeks ago...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,551
    Email Bruce.bohannon@biggreenegg.com
    ·
  • I got mine in February. Called two weeks ago about mine and they replaced it. No mention of the 3/1/2012 date.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Lit said:
    Email Bruce.bohannon@biggreenegg.com

this. I emailed Bruce about 3 weeks ago. Got reply asking for my address within 48 hours and a new gasket at my house few days later.
    Boom
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,725
    edited November 2012

Who doesn't like something free, I sure do.  But in this situation, I'd go with the permanent solution and spend less than $20 and get a Rutland gasket and a tube of Permatex Ultra Copper to secure it.   You'll never have to screw around with a gasket again.

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • I recently used just the Permatex...
    image.jpg 964.7K
    ·
  • Thanks everyone. Very helpful.
    ·